kcr Kitsap Community Resources Kitsap Community Resources Kitsap Community Resources
Success Stories
Return To Succes StoriesWeatherization
Dorothy B. lives in Bremerton in a two-story house that was built in 1937. There was no insulation in her attic, floor or walls. The wiring in the house was failing and the power panel was from 1937. The furnace was very old and her heating bills were very high and living on a fixed income she could not afford to heat her house.

KCR’s Weatherization Department went in and completed an audit and found these issues with Dorothy’s house and took action. KCR replaced her power panel and fixed other wiring issues she had in the attic and replaced her old furnace with a new gas forced air furnace. The Weatherization team replaced a broken window upstairs, installed insulation in the attic, floor, and walls. They wrapped the water heather and the lines and installed the proper ventilation in the bathroom. Finally, KCR installed CFL lights and a CO detector in the house.

Dorothy can now heat her house safely and efficiently. She said it could not have happened at a better time because her son that was staying with her died and she really didn’t have the money to keep the heater on during those cold months. Now she is comfortable in her house and can have her grandchildren over to stay.





Return to Top
 

Kitsap Community Resources 845 8th Street Bremerton, WA 98337 360.478.2301 360.415.2706 fax