KCR’s Housing division serves the needs of families and individuals in Kitsap County who are homeless or at risk of becoming homelessness. We provide services that can help you prevent eviction; find affordable housing options; and we work to help stabilize families who are in crisis situations.
Housing Solutions Center (HSC) of Kitsap County
The Kitsap County Housing Solutions Center is your first step in seeking housing assistance. This center is funded by grants from the Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council; works in tandem with community partners throughout the county; and is managed and staffed by Kitsap Community Resources.
As a one-stop community portal to county-wide housing availability and resources, HSC can connect individuals to housing resources throughout the county, including emergency shelter, rental & deposit assistance, and/or landlord referral.
HSC maintains lists of housing availability for all community partner organizations located in Kitsap County. Residents seeking assistance can begin their search with HSC where KCR Navigators will work one-on-one with them to determine eligibility and make referrals to the appropriate housing resource.
*All housing referrals are subject to the current availability of resources within the community.
Hours of operation vary, please call the corresponding phone number listed below for hours.
Kitsap Community Resources (Main HSC Center)
1201 Park Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98337
Serving Ages 13-25
837 4th Street, Bremerton, WA 98337
Kitsap Community Resources
3200 SE Rainshadow Ct.
Port Orchard, WA 98366
787 Liberty Lane NW
Poulsbo, WA 98370
Bainbridge Island Helpline House
282 Knechtel Way NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
The HSC Process and Eligibility
- HSC offers services to Kitsap County residents who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The eligibility for specific programs such as emergency shelters and rental assistance will depend on the specific qualifications of each agency. Your KCR Navigator will review your personal situation and connect you with the resources for which you are qualified.
- Individuals and families are encouraged to visit their nearest HSC location. Many convenient sites are located in Kitsap County, including centers in Bremerton, North Kitsap, Bainbridge Island, South Kitsap. Coffee Oasis locations are open exclusively for teens and young adults ages 13-25.
- All households will complete a brief intake application followed by an appointment with a KCR Navigator to review available housing options.
- Most clients are able to be seen on a walk-in basis at the Bremerton location, however, you may also call ahead to schedule an appointment.
- Scheduling an appointment is advised at all other locations.
HSC partners with many partner agencies to connect those in need to the appropriate housing solution; including…
Vincent de Paul of Bremerton
West Sound Treatment Center
Catholic Community Services/Benedict House
North Kitsap Fishline
The Salvation Army
Kitsap Recorvery Center
Hope in Christ Ministries/Coffee Oasis
Kitsap Mental Health Services
Bremerton Housing Authority
Housing Resource Bainbridge
Kitsap Rescue Mission
Kitsap Public Health District – Kitsap Connect
Kitsap Sexual Assault Center
KCR Housing Programs
As an HSC partner, KCR also offers housing services to Kitsap County residents seeking assistance. All applications for KCR services must be submitted through HSC.
KCR TEMPORARY HOUSING
KCR’s Temporary Housing is available for families of one or two-parent households with dependent children under 18 years of age. This is a managed program where participants work on employment goals and the obtainment of permanent housing.
Participants pay approximately 30% of their income towards rent and meet with their assigned case manager on a regular basis; including monthly scheduled home visits.
KCR TEMPORARY HOUSING ELIGIBILITY
- Meet applicable income guidelines
- Must be homeless, at serious risk of homelessness or living in substandard housing
- Participants are required to be drug free & must also pass a criminal background check
- If the submitted preliminary application demonstrates eligibility has been met, a KCR case manager will contact the housing applicant
Contact Housing Solutions Center for more information.